Monday, July 2, 2007

Dawn in Linda's Book - Anything Goes


Linda's book was a bit of a challenge for me because of the size. It is just 4 x 5", which doesn't seem so small but . . . . I love her theme - Vintage/Grungy/Anything Goes - and I had so many ideas that I wanted a larger space to work in!


I have recently begun needle felting and so for this page I completed a needle felted piece with a vintage postcard image reduced and printed on fabric. I then hand beaded, added some vintage pearl buttons and trimmed the edge with ribbon and metallic thread. The little roses are vintage plastic embellishments.


I'll be mailing this book off to Lenna today. Linda's sign in tags are a bit behind and hopefully they will be able to catch up to the book soon. I haven't received them yet but when I do will mail them off with the next book.


2 comments:

Kyla said...

Very interesting Dawn. I just got a Baby Lock Emblisher Machine and have been playing with it a bit myself.
Kyla

Anonymous said...

Yikes! I have the sign in tags. For some reason I thought you were doing Michelle's book first. I'm so sorry I didn't send those with Linda's book. They may not make it in today's mail. If not, I will mail them first thing Thursday along with Kyla's book. Priority of course. I like what you did in Linda's book. Wish I had a chance to see it in person.