Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Robyn's Goddess Book - added to!

I really enjoyed working in Robyn's Goddess theme book. It is a very soft book that has a definite Vintage feeling. To review what Robyn's Cover and page look like - just jump to this post: goddess-is-on-its-way!
Here are scans of what I added to her book. Below, my page is added on the right. Click on the photos for more details:



In the next scan below the first one, the page is flipped over - it's on the left now. I used one of my Grandmother's Handkercheifs as a base for this page. That is her initial "B" for Betty! I sprayed the handkercheif with a lettuce green Adirondack color wash and used my heat gun to set it. Both pages use Transparencies from Alpha Stamps to illustrate Robyn's Goddess theme. I used images from the Pre-Raphaelite Women sheet for both sides of the page and attached them in 2 different ways. On the yellow page I sewed the transparency on. The red lace paper on this page is from Alpha Stamps too.



For the green handkercheif page I glued the transparency on with a clear drying tacky glue, before spraying with the color wash. On both pages I stamped Goddess related sayings with versaCraft ink which can be heat set. I sewed a few beads and ribbons on by hand and machine stitched both pages together with a little bit of batting in-between! I added a strip of fabric spray dyed to match my page with my name stamped on one side and "passion counts" on the other - as passion is the theme of my own book. This was Robyn's idea which I like alot. Then I attached my sign-in to the inside back cover with one of the little safety pins Robyn left there for us!

I hope you enjoy, Robyn! ~Lenna

6 comments:

Miss Robyn said...

oh I adore it! thankyou so much - it is something that I will treasure forever xoxo

Anonymous said...

I love this!! Great Job. I can't wait to see it in person.

Kyla said...

What wonderful work. I am so glad that you are telling how you created each piece. I can't wait to start seeing the books. I know I am going to learn so much from everyone.

creativelenna said...

Thanks so much, everyone! I am especially glad to read your comment, Robyn. I have never worked in a fabric book this size or shape before & it was quite fun. I especially like the soft floppiness of your book and soft images you used. I am patiently waiting for more photos of new work if anyone has them - I would love to see! And I will keep your book safe until it's time to send it on, Robyn.

primdollie said...

Oh Lenna as with all your work this is just beautiful!!!! love the colors and transparencies you used!! that's great!!! really nice!! Hugs Linda

Cottage by the Blue Sea said...

Lenna,
Your pages are beautiful! I need to take notes when I read the steps that you took to create these wonderful art pieces. Thanks for sharing your expertise. I love the gentle images and soft colors that you used here.
Aloha,
Michelle