Sunday, March 25, 2007

How's Everyone Doing?

How are the journals coming along? I'm working on mine today and am really happy with how it is turning out so far - it will be ready for mailing on or before April 1st. Isn't Lenna's fabulous? Just love the theme and colors.

Remember that this first part of doing your own cover, sign in page and journal page will be the most time consuming of all. After this you'll be doing one page a month in someone else's fabric journal.

I scored on some great upholstery fabric samples at a local store here in Portland, OR. It is a store where people and companies donate leftover stuff that is then sorted, priced and sold for art or whatever. I just love going there and never know what I am going to find. Well . . . . . last week I went in and there were two large laundry bins FULL of high quality upholstery samples - all you could stuff in a plastic grocery bag for $3.00!!! I bought a full bag and most are perfect sizes for small fabric projects like these journals, ATCs, etc. I was so excited to find these and they really inspired me to get my journal started.

My theme is Travelers and I'm going for a "crazy quilt" look. I'll post some pictures soon.

Dawn

1 comment:

Miss Robyn said...

I have just about finished mine - I have decided not to put in a sign in page as such - just a place for people to add a little tag if they wish..hope that is ok. I Just couldn't think of anything that suited..
I hope to send mine off by the end of the week.