Friday, March 30, 2007

Lenna's passion book

Hi all! Dawn, sorry it took me a while to respond to your query on how we were all doing . . . I was busy thinking about what to do for the inside of my book before sending it off. I started by finishing the cover! I added a bit of trim I had painted for another project to the cover's edge and I also added a velvet rose/leaf. I glued these things on. Next, I looked around my studio and gathered a few things to create a textural, passionate page! I ended up making 2 pages because I wanted to try out my idea for how I am going to put all the pages together when the book returns home. I've cut out denim "spines" to use to connect two pages. Later I will sew through ALL the denim pieces connecting two pages and through the denim piece on the cover. You just have to create one page (i'm including a template) stash it in the book loosely, and I will fix it up when it comes home. See below - click on any photo for more detail:




For texture (my sub-theme) I used cordoroy, velvet, a piece of knitting my mother did, transparencies, silk, metal and buttons. For my passion theme, on the first page I concentrated on passionate kissing, following your heart and I added a scan of my husband & my wedding rings/hands. For page two, I used image transfers and inkjet prints of photos onto fabric that express my love and passion for walking outside. I will wrap this book up in a Priority envelope and mail it to Sara in Tennesee tomorrow, march 31st - wow! We're off! : ) Lenna

4 comments:

primdollie said...

just fabulous Lenna!!!! what amazing work!!! and the colors are beautiful!!!! can't wait to see it!! hugs Linda

Primrose & Tumbleweeds said...

Yay Lenna this is fabulous. I have lots of textured fabrics in the bag of scraps I bought - perfect for your book. I am still working on mine, planning to mail tomorrow.

creativelenna said...

Thank you, both! I imagine Sara will have it by now - so fun to send this book off on a journey. Thanks again, dawn for hosting.

Anonymous said...

Oh, beautiful. I love the colors and the theme is very...passion. How fun. :) My mind is moving faster than I can remember. :) Great work.