Sunday, April 1, 2007

Dawn's Book - Ready to Mail

I've been working away on my Travelers book and I have it ready to go in the mail. I've gone for a crazy quilt look with velvets, textured fabrics, embellishments and hand embroidery. I included some vintage pieces from my stash. This book was so much fun to create and I can't wait to work in everyone else's book as they travel to me. Here's a preview of my book so far . . .
The front cover -

The inside cover - both front and back insides are the same. As the method of sign in, I ask that each person decorate a tag that I have provided and tie to one of the buttons with coordinating ribbon or fiber -

This is my page. The embroidered piece is from my stash, it is all hand done, although I didn't do it - wouldn't have the patience for something this detailed. You can see a bit of the gold rings in the center spine of the book. I ask that you attach ribbon or fibers to your pages and just tie them into the 3 rings in the center to hold them in the book.
I will send complete instructions along with my book. I hope that everyone will feel free to be creative. My opinion is that if artists are left to create within their own guidelines the art will truly reflect the artist and not only be more enjoyable to create, but more enjoyable to admire.
Dawn



4 comments:

Miss Robyn said...

I can't wait to get your book Dawn! I have an idea but will wait til I get the book to see if it will work.

Kyla said...

I have some vintage crazy quilt pieces that are just waiting to join the caravan............

Kyla

creativelenna said...

So RICH, Dawn - I love it!

Anonymous said...

Yummy, rich colors! Love it!